Honey Mustard Rooster Salad. This quick to set together salad is bursting with taste. Additionally it is hearty sufficient to be a total meal for supper and go away you totally happy. The honey mustard vinaigrette will come jointly with pantry goods, and it doubles as the rooster marinade AND the salad dressing! Producing this a brief and simple meal prep or weeknight dinner recipe!
Hey every person! It’s Serene from Household of Yumm! I’m back currently to share this hearty and flavorful Honey Mustard Hen Salad. There is absolutely nothing I like much more than sitting down down to a fully loaded salad for dinner time. I like my salads to be loaded with meats, cheese, and all the toppings so that I can contemplate it a complete meal and sense pleased. The best component about this recipe is that the honey mustard dressing arrives together with items you most most likely have on hand now, and it doubles as a rooster marinade and a salad dressing all in a single!
How to Make a Honey Mustard Dressing:
This honey mustard dressing is just one of my all time favorites. It’s basically a vinaigrette, it has an olive oil and vinegar base. Then it is loaded up with some sweet honey, and two forms of mustard. This is a individual choice. If you would relatively just use just one mustard or the other you can, you do not will need to use the two. I just like the flavors of both equally a spicy brown mustard and a dijon.
I also recommend starting up the dressing with 1 tablespoon of vinegar, then incorporating extra as essential in accordance to your personal preference. 2 tablespoons is a definite vinegar tang to the dressing. 1 provides a extremely refined flavoring. Individually I use 1 and 1/2 tablespoons. But your personal preference could possibly be additional or much less. So commence little and incorporate far more the moment you have mixed up the dressing.
How to Make Honey Mustard Hen:
As I stated, the dressing doubles as a marinade! Thank goodness for easy recipes. Take a tiny part of the dressing that you made and drizzle it over the hen. Make absolutely sure to incorporate plenty of to coat the chicken. 1/4-1/2 cup of the dressing will get the work done. I often marinade my hen at the very least 2 several hours to let the flavorings meld alongside one another.
Then add a bit of olive oil to a skillet, warmth above medium warmth and prepare dinner the rooster to get it to an inner temperature of 165.
You can generally prep this the day in advance of and allow the rooster marinade for extended overnight and prepare dinner for dinner the subsequent day if necessary as well.
To assemble the salad merely incorporate all the ingredients alongside one another and drizzle with the remaining honey mustard vinaigrette. This recipe will generate enough honey mustard dressing to marinade 2 hen breasts and make 2 significant salads. The salads will be hearty plenty of to feed two older people for meal! You can normally include additional ingredients to develop a larger salad if you are serving it at a collecting.
Make sure you examine out my other entirely loaded salads also!
Honey Mustard Hen Salad
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (commence with 1 and add in accordance to desire)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 hen breasts
- 4 cups lettuce or spinach of selection
- sliced crimson onion
- sliced grape tomatoes
- ½ an avocado sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- clean rosemary to garnish
- In a small bowl merge the ingredients for the honey mustard vinaigrette. Whisk jointly until totally mixed. (start with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, incorporate extra if ideal..I favor mine at 1 and ½ tablespoons. 2 tablespoons offers a strong flavor. Incorporate to choice)
- Include the chicken breasts to a big resealable plastic bag or sealed container. Include ¼ cup of the honey mustard marinade to coat the hen. Seal and refrigerate to marinate the rooster for at least 2 hours.
- Protect and refrigerate the remaining vinaigrette.
- When completely ready to prep the salad, heat a substantial skillet in excess of medium heat, drizzle a small amount of money of excess virgin olive oil in the skillet. Include the hen breasts. Cook on each and every side about 8 minutes, right up until the hen is cooked through and demonstrates 165 on a electronic thermometer.
- Clear away the hen to a cutting board. Get ready the remaining salad ingredients.
- Slice the hen as wanted for the salad.
- Add all ingredients to develop a salad and drizzle with the remaining honey mustard vinaigrette. The ingredients and the vinaigrette would make ample for 2 substantial salads.