Cowboy Cookies are thick and chewy treats loaded with chocolate chips, oats, shredded coconut, pecans, and cinnamon. Incorporating browned butter into the cookie dough enhances the nutty, caramel notes of the cookie. This recipe packs pleasant flavors and textures certain to fulfill any sweet tooth.
Hooray, it’s cookie season! It’s Jessica Gavin, Licensed Culinary Scientist and I’m excited to share this decadent Cowboy cookie recipe with you. Normally it is tricky to choose what combine-ins to increase into a cookie foundation. Should you continue to keep it very simple or make it far more attention-grabbing? For this recipe, we increase the taste knowledge so that each bite satisfies those chocolatey and nutty cravings.
This recipe is designed with ease by just stirring the ingredients together, portion, and bake. No have to have to crack out a mixer or include added time for a chilling move. The outcomes are significant, chewy cookies with daring taste!
Including in melted browned butter boosts the roasted and caramel flavors of the cookie, just by investing a few minutes to toast the milk solids. It’s like liquid gold that provides a fantastic richness and complexity to the cookies. I generally use this technique when I want to insert some maple flavors to my chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Warmth butter around medium-higher warmth, occasionally scraping the pan right until you see golden bits begin to form. This process only can take just one to two minutes, and as soon as it smells faintly like hazelnuts, transfer it rapidly to a bowl to stop the cooking approach. Browned butter can also be applied in savory dishes like a sauce for scallops, fish, or pasta.
What tends to make the Cowboy cookie stand out is the range of textures and flavors from the combine-in ingredients. Outdated-fashioned rolled oats really do not get mushy when baked, so it provides a awesome chew, not to mention more fiber to each serving. Why not sneak in some wholesome ingredients when you can! Shredded coconut flakes include a satisfying sweetness and tropical twist to the dough.
Semi-sweet chocolate chips give a good harmony of wealthy cocoa flavor, on the other hand, sense free to use darkish, white, or even butterscotch chips to change factors ups. Chopped pecans incorporate that added crunch which is substantially desired for contrast, while walnut or roasted peanuts are also delicious substitutions.
Earning the Cookie Dough
Ordinarily, a stand mixer is my workhorse when baking cookies, but for this mixture, you can use a spatula to hand-mix the cookie dough. The electric mixer will save you a minor bit of time even though. You will discover that the batter is pretty thick and rigid, which can make it effortless to part. Make sure to give a mild push on major to slightly flatten the cookies to assistance with an even distribute as they bake.
These cookies bake up into golden rounds with crisp edges and tremendous chewy centers. Get a major glass of milk and take pleasure in a heat address contemporary from the oven. They make a terrific addition to the holiday break dessert desk, cookie exchange, and are sturdy enough to ship to blessed loved ones and close friends. If you are a fan of chocolate and nut cookies, then I know you will also really like my recipe for basic peanut butter kiss cookies too.
Writer: Jessica Gavin
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup all-goal flour
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ¾ cup darkish brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 big egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups outdated-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Location the oven rack in the middle place, preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk with each other flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Melt butter in an 8-inch skillet around medium-substantial heat, swirling to melt the butter evenly. Stir and cook dinner, scraping the bottom of the pan with a spatula till butter is golden brown and nutty in aroma, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer browned butter to a massive bowl, generating absolutely sure to scrape all of the bits from the pan. Stir the cinnamon into the butter.
- Include brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vegetable oil to the browned butter. Whisk with each other until eventually combined.
- Whisk in eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until finally smooth.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture until finally merged, 1 moment.
- Add the rolled oats, chocolate chips, coconut, and chopped pecans. Stir into the cookie dough till effectively combined. The dough will be stiff in texture.
- Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon sized parts, 2-inches apart on the baking sheets, 8 cookies per pan.
- Use the base of a big measuring cup to push just about every dough ball into 2½-inch large cookies. Reform the edges of the cookies into a circle if required.
- If desired, press a several added chocolate chips and chopped pecans into the leading of the cookie dough.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time, till the edges are established flippantly browned on the floor, and the facilities are smooth but not soaked 8 to 10 minutes. Rotate the cookie sheet halfway by baking.
- Great cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a rack to neat.