This hearty soup is featured on the Fionn MacCool’s Irish Menu available at all Fionn MacCool’s locations until March 23.
Corned beef chowder
- 1 tbsp – Peanut or grape seed oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, peeled and julienned
- 1 tbsp – Garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp – Caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp – White wine
- 2 cups – Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup – Milk
- 4 cups – Heavy cream
- 1 cup – Corned beef, chopped
- ½ cup – Sauerkraut
- Heat oil in saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds and continue sautéing for another 30 seconds.
- Add white wine and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, milk, cream and sauerkraut. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped corned beef and continue to simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (adjust amount depending on how salty your corned beef is).
- If you like thicker chowder, mix a little cornstarch and water together and whisk into simmering soup.
- Ladle chowder into bowls and top with a little horseradish, croutons and green onion.
Courtesy Chef Bryan Jurek, www.fionnmaccools.com
Tags: appetizer, bryan jurek, chowder, main dishes, soup, st. patrick’s day, winter
* mergeAccounts *
* public_profileBlurb *
* public_displayName *
* public_name *
* public_gender *
* public_birthdate *
* public_emailAddress *
* public_address *
* public_phoneNumber *