Baked Parmesan Hashbrowns
Baked Parmesan Hashbrowns, baked to golden brown perfection and made with freshly grated potatoes, are a breakfast favourite! They’re loaded with taste and are the right addition to your hearty breakfast. Should you love conventional hashbrowns, then you’ll actually love these Baked Parmesan Hashbrowns!
Hey everybody! It’s Krissy right here from Self Proclaimed Foodie and Ten Acre Baker and I’m again with my favourite sort of recipe… the breakfast type! I’ve you’ve ever made my sausage gravy or monkey bread recipe, you’ll know breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. In reality, our household eats it frequently for dinner.
Should you’re a breakfast lover like me, or for that matter, a tacky potato sort of particular person, then this do-it-yourself hashbrown recipe is for you! This recipe is much like The Finest Breakfast Casserole and The Finest Funeral Potatoes in that it combines shredded potatoes with cheese, nevertheless that is actually only a tremendous flavorful recipe for hashbrowns.
The best way to make these Baked Parmesan Hashbrowns:
- First step is to shred the potatoes and onion. I discover that utilizing the meals processor is the simplest methodology. My trick when cooking contemporary breakfast potatoes is to soak and rinse them in water. This removes a number of the starch which makes them style higher as soon as cooked. I believe the moisture additionally helps steam them through the cooking processes which creates tremendous comfortable, heavenly tacky potatoes.
- Subsequent I add the grated parmesan cheese, chives (I hold freeze dried readily available for recipes like this), garlic herb seasoning, freshly floor pepper, and further virgin olive oil. You’ll wish to combine all of this in a big bowl in order that it’s nicely mixed and each bit of potato is touching some parmesan cheese and is coated in olive oil. Getting hungry but?
- I bake these tacky hashbrowns in a jumbo muffin pan. It permits them to get golden and crispy on high with out dropping their form. You should use a smaller muffin pan simply as simply to get 12 smaller parts as a substitute of 6 massive parts. Simply make sure to scale back your cooking time a bit.
Variations of Baked Parmesan Hashbrowns:
These actually are scrumptious and unbelievable as-is, however in the event you prefer to mess around with recipes like I do, attempt a number of of those concepts.
- Swap out the parmesan for a distinct sort of cheese. Cheddar, pepper jack, or gruyere would all work nicely.
- Chop up some cooked bacon and add it to the combination. What’s higher than a chunk of tacky hashbrowns? Tacky hashbrowns with bacon, in fact!
- Strive filling the cups with much less hashbrown combination to make room for a cracked egg. The egg will bake on the similar price because the hashbrowns and also you’ll have an ideal little breakfast egg and potato cup to take to work or college.
- Afraid the onion taste may be too sturdy? Nonetheless use the identical quantity, however saute it in a little bit of butter and permitting it to chill earlier than combining with the potatoes. It’ll take away the sturdy onion taste however will nonetheless style superb.
- 1½ kilos potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly floor pepper
- ¼ cup additional virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F. Grease or parchment line the wells of a 6-well jumbo muffin pan.
- Peel or wash and scrub potatoes. Grate utterly (the meals processor is the simplest manner).
- Minimize ends off onion, take away outer later, and grate.
- Mix grated potato and onion in massive bowl and canopy with chilly water. Stir nicely to show potatoes and onion to water. Enable to sit down for about 5 minutes after which drain nicely.
- Add remaining elements to bowl, stir nicely to mix, then add to the ready wells within the jumbo muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes till the tops are golden brown. Makes 6 massive Baked Parmesan Hashbrowns. Serve sizzling together with your favourite breakfast.