Zucchini Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups
Who says consuming low-carb is boring! These rolls are impressed by my Zucchini Rollatini (certainly one of my favourite low-carb dishes!) solely with a Mexican spin!
We love zucchini all yr, however with summer season coming to an finish quickly I’m attempting to prepare dinner it as a lot as doable. These turned out fabulous, my do-it-yourself enchilada sauce is a should for the very best taste!
You should use leftover rotisserie rooster, or make it your self within the gradual cooker by masking the rooster breasts with simply sufficient water or broth, then cooking excessive Four hours. After that shred the meat with two forks and proceed with the instructions.
- To chop the zucchini skinny I like to recommend utilizing a mandolin. That is the one I’ve (affil hyperlink).
- I grill the zucchini strips on a grill or grill pan earlier than rolling to stop them from attending to soggy, and it additionally makes it simple to roll.
Extra Zucchini Recipes You Could Get pleasure from:
Low-Carb Zucchini Enchilada Roll Ups
These Zucchini Hen Enchilada Roll Ups are crammed seasoned shredded rooster, topped with enchilada sauce and cheese. Scrumptious, and ideal for Keto, gluten-free or low-carb diets.
- 1 3/Four cups do-it-yourself enchilada sauce
- 2 giant (14 ounceseach) zucchini, minimize lengthwise into 12 (1/4-inch thick) slices
- half teaspoon kosher salt
- recent black pepper, to style
- 1 tsp olive oil
- eight ounces cooked shredded rooster breast (from rotisserie rooster)
- half cup minced onion
- 2 giant clove garlic, minced
- 1/Four cup chopped cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp cumin
- half tsp dried oregano
- 1/Four tsp chipotle chili powder
- 3/Four cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- bitter cream, non-obligatory
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Unfold 1/Four cup of the enchilada sauce on the underside of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Lower the zucchini lengthwise, into 1/4-inch thick slices till you’ve got a complete of 12 slices about the identical dimension. It’s best to do that with a mandolin.
- Season either side of the zucchini with half tsp salt and pepper, then grill on a grill pan over excessive warmth to assist dry out the zucchini, till pliable and grill marks kind, however not totally cooked, about 2 minutes on all sides.
- Warmth the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high warmth. Sauté onions and garlic on low till comfortable, about 2 minutes. Add rooster, salt, cilantro, cumin, oregano, chili powder, 1/Four cup of the enchilada sauce, and prepare dinner Four to five minutes. Take away from warmth.
- Unfold Three tablespoons rooster on every slice zucchini. Roll up slices and organize them every seam facet down within the ready dish.
- High with the remaining enchilada sauce and Mexican cheese mix and tightly cowl with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes, or till the cheese is scorching and melted.
- Drizzle with bitter cream, if desired and garnish with cilantro.
Yield: Four servings, Serving Dimension: Three roll ups
- Quantity Per Serving:
- Freestyle Factors: 5
- Factors +: 6
- Energy: 225 energy
- Complete Fats: 8g
- Saturated Fats: 3g
- Ldl cholesterol: 46.5mg
- Sodium: 947.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 19.5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Protein: 22g
All photos and textual content ©